Friday, June 24, 2011

Up-cycle and Shine


A few years ago I rescued an old chandelier from heading to the dumpster. I was at the right place at the right time. When I got home, I completely dismantled it and sorted the crystal pieces. Beading has been one of my favorite hobbies since my teenage years. It didn't take long for me dream up these pretty little sun catchers, carefully up-cycling the crystal chandelier pieces! I created an assortment and began giving them away to each of my girlfriends on their birthdays. After I wrapped each one in matching tissue paper and placed them gently in a tiny little gift bag, I handed each one over with this simple poem I wrote for the occasion:

The Sun Catcher
By Christine Klein

Hanging in the window
Catching the sun's ray
A simple beauty
Casting glimmer all day

Still in the window
Reflecting at night
A wonder above
Gleaming moonlight

Fashioned by Indians
Call me a catcher of sun
I'm here every day
My work is never done

No comments:

Post a Comment