Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Handmade with Style: Edition 2

It's spring time. However, let me set it straight that Florida goes from mild beautiful weather to HOT by the drop of a hat. I try to make the most of it with my children. This is just the beginning of steamy sunny beach days and spraying water parks. SPF50 all the way! You wouldn't know it if you saw my family though. We're already glowing in a warm tan (Cherokee and Penobscot bloodline). This is the time of year when it is officially bathing suit season. I stock the children up with 2 - 3 suits each, just to avoid doing laundry so often. David and I both have small collections ourselves. Have you done your bathing suit shopping yet this year? If you haven't, you may want to take a gander on etsy because there is something for almost everyone! This bikini is like nothing I've ever seen before. I think this suit is particularly appealing to moms because of it's versatility. This high wasted bikini can function as a one-piece look-alike or a two-piece with a skirt. Click on here to view the other pictures and listing information by BeBops. It is available in several colors and size options too! If your man has decided to fashion a swim brief, this black and white stripey version is too cute! Made by Harajuku in L.A. this bathing suit sells for $42. Personally, I'd like to see a lot more options for men in the handmade bathing suit department. Is there anyone out there making vintage styles for men?
Then there are the kiddos. I couldn't find anything for a boy but I did find this adorable little ruffle style bikini for girls! I haven't seen anything like this around either and I know my own daughter would love digging around the beach in this. I love the boyshort coverage it offers! Created by Anne's Boutique, this cutie costs $29.

No comments:

Post a Comment